Saturday, July 11, 2009

The secret is out


Foray into printed media

So according to my family, I'm famous. A few weeks ago I was interviewed for a story on blogging and whether social networking tools such as Facebook and Twitter have killed blogging. I didn't say so but apparently they have . The article was featured in the Green Guide section in The Age. If you're really keen, go check out the full article.


I am a little tickled when my friends say after reading the article and with a hint of sympathy in their tone, "Oh at least it's a good picture". Come on guys, my quote wasn't that bad! Independent designers have used blogging as a successful marketing tool. Look at Lara, Aunty Cookie, Cheeky Beaks...!


In other "news", stay tuned for pics of my new clutch which features one of Louise's pretty buttons.

2 comments:

meredith cheng - munaluna said...

What is wrong with your quote? Hmm...I don't think facebook is going to end all to blogging. Facebook is a great way to reconnect and network with people but I find that blogging gives you a better view of creative individuals such as yourself!

Karin said...

Yes I definitely agree. I have found more people interested in craft through blogging than randomly via Facebook! In fact, I have met no new people through Facebook who are interested in the same things as me but blogging has opened a completely new world of networks!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin